Who we are:
Farina Baking Company is the premier dessert caterer specializing in custom cakes, dessert displays and custom detailed sweets. We draw our inspirations from up-and-coming trends, seasonal features, and the amazing couples & clients we work with to provide a customized SWEET experience. The difference is in the details, both our recipes and decorations. Because of this attention, our desserts are as enjoyable to eat as they are to admire
-Internship Opportunities - PT (please Inquire)
Who we are looking for:
FARINA is looking someone with professional experience in baking. Must have a PASSION for high quality desserts! We are looking for someone who will have a large responsibility in our creations. This will include baking of cakes, cupcakes and many sweets. This role will assist the head chef and also work with all other team members in daily tasks to fulfill customer orders. Professional commercial baking experience is required. This position requires working under time constraints, delivering consistency & priding themselves on detailed work. Individual must be upbeat & positive, have a strong work ethic, be a team player and always be looking to go above & beyond the essential job requirements. The ideal candidate will also have wonderful organizational skills and great time management & multi-tasking abilities. Please include wage requirements with your submission. MEDICAL and PTO benefits will be offered to Full-Time Employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to follow recipes to prepare a variety of menu items from scratch with little to no instruction
- Ability to take and follow direction and MUST understand constructive criticism
- The ability to work individually with little direction; as well as work in a team oriented environment
-Previous experience in Pastry production setting; including baking in high volumes
-- A true passion for baking, pastries & decorating
-Ability and capability to understand consistency with production for large scale events
--Able to withstand high stress situations with ease and grace
- Work closely with the head pastry chef and team members to ensure products are produced and stored in an efficient manner
- Responsible for proper storage, labeling and use of all food
- Cleans and maintains kitchen while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and health standards are met
- Responsible for daily and weekly cleaning tasks & inventory tracking
-Early mornings and weekends will be involved with this position
- Pastry Arts diploma or equivalent education preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a bakery setting REQUIRED
- Experience with high volume production
- Experience in commercial production
-Serve Safe certification highly preferred
All qualified applicants are welcome to apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must submit via email ONLY containing cover letter, portfolio, resume & minimum wage requirements.
Please NO PHONE CALLS OR KITCHEN VISITS.
e-mail applications to be considered only!